Sunday, April 3, 2011

Time Off

I haven't made any lunches because my mother was given 5 consecutive days off from work. That's very odd, but before that she worked 6 consecutive days. She doesn't have me make her lunch every day; some days she goes down to the cafeteria, they order in, or she quickly grabs something from the store on her way in to work. The other night she told me how much she appreciated me making her lunch. She only gets a half hour to eat, and going to the cafeteria takes half of that. My mom also has a long walk to the cafeteria, and to put it basically all the cartilage between the knee cap and her legs is gone. (HEALTH LESSON: In case you don't know, the kneecap or patella is floating. Outside of the body it's a similar shape to a heart. If you touch the front of your knee you feel it. I wont go all anatomy terms on you, but the cartilage makes it easier move your legs. My mom's legs are often in pain and they sell. Insurance wont perform surgery yet.) When they order in, it isn't always something she likes. If she has time in the morning she will pick something up, but she told me the other day she often doesn't. I have been making lunches for my mom since I stopped living in the dorm. She always said thank you, but I never felt it was genially appreciated until she told me that. (I used to make them for my dad too when he worked, but I think he preferred his value menu hamburgers. He always did say thank you and would call and tell me every time how great his lunch was.) I was actually very happy to hear that.

So in May I'm taking an accelerated quick Japanese class. It's 5 days a week 8am to 11:45(There's a break in there). School lunch at the college isn't bad, they have a salad bar, milk juice, sugar free drinks, and I consider it pretty good, but unless you live on campus you're paying 5-7 dollars a meal. It's expensive. Living on campus wasn't bad a nice walk there, a healthy meal, a nice walk back. I could just drive home after class, but I can't go that long without food. I sound like a pig but I'm 5'8, I'm diabetic and I'm around 110 pounds. Sometimes I'm 115; I tend to graze, drink a lot of water and eat healthy. I will be packing my own bentos, I'm rather excited. I may have to stay on campus longer than 11:45 as I may not have a car so there's another reason.

I ordered a bento box from Japan about 4 weeks ago, and it hasn't come yet. I'm going to give it another week and than contact the seller. I don't want to cause problems if it's just taking a little longer than expected. Once I get it I'm going to take pictures of all my bento gear. Explain what I've used, what I haven't, and what I'm dying to try out.

I think that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. <3